Google+ A Tangled Rope: The Gods of Purchasing New Stuff

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Gods of Purchasing New Stuff

clip_image002

Once there was a thingy that looked a little like a whatsit, except that the doo-dah was not so tapered towards the curving end. Remarkable, don't you think?

Of course, though, back in those days they weren't quite as yellow as they are now. We have technological progress to thank for that, I believe.

Why, back in my day all of this was made out of stuff. Not this newer kind of stuff, though. It was made out of the stuff that it was made out of then, whereas, these days, it is made out of the stuff it is made out of now. I supposed it is obvious when you stop to think about it. However, that is not an attitude they like to encourage in case we all realise that this new stuff is no better, and in many cases a lot worse, than the old stuff.

But it is our duty to the great and powerful Gods of Purchasing New Stuff for us to be always on the look-out for ways of demonstrating our devotion to them and all their might beneficence.

Anyway, as I've not as yet mentioned here any egregious politicing, gratuitous nudity, dubious sexual perversions or small furry animals, let alone various permutations of all four, I felt I'd better do that now.

So I have.

No comments: