Google+ A Tangled Rope: Tomorrow… the World

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tomorrow… the World

clip_image002

Anyway, I suppose those are your own ears? I only ask because I’m a nosey bastard, and it is absolutely none of my business, which is why it is such an interesting thing to ask. It is a truth not universally acknowledged that other people’s business is often far more interesting than our own – which, I suppose, Miss Austen, is why we read novels, for even the business of made-up people is far more interesting to us than our own lives. Even the lives of Samuel Beckett’s characters, where nothing happens with alarming regularity, some people find more interesting than their own lives, even if it just passes the time. But, then, time would have passed anyway.

You may be wondering what this has to do with the penguins that are often the subject – or at least the Guest Stars – of so many of these… er… meanderings. Indeed you may. Not only that, I’m wondering too.

Over time, I have got rather fond of those penguins, despite their propensity to enter my thoughts, and thus, these… well, these meanderings with both the frequency and seeming alacrity with which they do. I mean, you have to wonder why. After all there are far more blogs out there which you’d assume they would find more interesting to appear in.

If I were paranoid – and which one of you was it that said I am – I would begin to wonder whether the penguins have singled these meanderings out for some ulterior motive of their own, and that – perhaps – this is the way they are going to infiltrate and then take over the human world. First the frozen wastes, then the chocolate biscuits, then the blogs, then the world – it is a fiendishly subtle plan – you must admit.

No comments: