Google+ A Tangled Rope: Feeling Betrayed

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feeling Betrayed

clip_image002

So anyway, there was the spanner, just lying there. I knew immediately what had happened. The nut too, lay there, as though it had been exhausted by all the screwing and unscrewing. My wife looked up at me with guilt in her eyes.

First my screwdriver, and now… now this.

I felt Betrayed.

Betrayed smiled at me, so I felt her again. Betrayed began to purr and rub herself up against me. I bent down and took out my adjustable spanner; Betrayed began to giggle with excitement.

My wife glared at me as Betrayed began to dance around my shed, singing her little happy song as she arranged my woodscrews into ascending size order.

‘It is your own fault,’ I said to my wife who guiltily placed the spanner back next to the nut on the workbench.

‘I… I couldn’t…. couldn’t help it,’ Wife said with tears in her eyes, which I thought was a good place for them. Tears on the ankle never really look right, or maybe that is just me.

Betrayed giggled again and started to do something rather erotic with my tin of Swarfega.

‘It is too late, now,’ I said firmly to my wife, all while watching as Betrayed began to remove her tool belt… slowly… slowly while dancing and singing her happy song.

I resisted the urge to feel Betrayed again and began to feel my old self again. My old self responded by acting more like my young self once again.

My wife noticed how my old self was acting like my young self.

‘It’s been so long,’ wife said wistfully.

‘Yes,’ I said admiring my old self as it turned young again. ‘And it is getting longer... see?’

Betrayed danced back towards me and took my old self in her warm hand as she held the Swarfega jar in the other.

Wife smiled at Betrayed, who laughed as she handed the jar of Swarfega to my wife and said to her ‘Come on, you know what to do,’ as she closed the door of the shed with all three of us snug inside together.

No comments: