Google+ A Tangled Rope: When I’m Right

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

When I’m Right

clip_image001
Still, as you know, the carpet wasn’t all that much use, especially in the places where the Great Plains tended to undulate a little too much, and there was always the problem of getting it to fit around the edges of the water holes. The wear and tear associated with great migrating herds of wildebeests, zebras, gazelles and so forth was also something that needed to be taken into consideration.

The wife was pretty keen on having the whole thing carpeted, as I said, but once I’d got her to accept the practical difficulties, she reluctantly accepted I was right. Although, I knew I would be paying for that later.

She doesn’t like me being right.

Luckily, though, the problem doesn’t often arise and even when I am right, she usually finds some other reason why – even though I am right – I am still wrong.

Anyway, once I asked her who would be vacuuming all this carpet, and told her about the way that wildebeest hairs especially seem to have a way of entangling themselves into the weave of the carpet, she reluctantly agreed that we could - after all – have the grass… as I’d originally intended.

Although, she did say that the way I’d arranged the trees did make the whole place look rather untidy.

As I said – according to her, anyway - in the end I end up wrong even when I’m right.

No comments: