Google+ A Tangled Rope: They Call Me The Hunter

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

They Call Me The Hunter

clip_image002

They call me The Hunter. I moved between the shadows, between the trees, behind the bushes. I moved from place to place and the prey would never know I was there, they could only sense something was there; that there was something changed about the world they thought they were living in and only then when it was too late.

Back in my young days, I learnt the ways the prey took to pass through the woods and the forests. Then, when I grew older and the prey grew wiser to my habits and actions they began to create paths, lanes and then roads; still though the shadowed dark places existed, out on the edges of the roads and the places where the paths ended. I would be waiting there and the prey would come to me… eventually. It would fall into my grasp as easily as back in the days before the paths, lanes and roads existed.

Then they built their dwelling places. First, they made the hamlets with the dark shadows out beyond the flickering firelight, then the villages and the towns and then the cities. The cities became the most dangerous of all, for the prey thought they were safe in their crowded hives where their own kind could keep them company in the dark places. But as the cities grew, so did the dark places and the lonely places and the places where I could hunt and find the prey.

Now, I sit here up on a high roof watching the street below and I sense something coming….

Then I see her strolling from lit area to lit area and I see the shadows she will pass through, so I crawl down to wait in the place she will enter, but never pass beyond into the light ever again.

The Hunter – Free youtube:

No comments: