Google+ A Tangled Rope: Putting the Shopping Away: Tactics

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Putting the Shopping Away: Tactics

clip_image001

It was not that she was somewhat provocative in her handling of the melon, it was more a matter that such an act on her part left me with little choice over what to do with the rather large chunk of cheddar cheese I was holding.

Of course, many practitioners of the game should be smiling a wry smile of recognition at what has now become one of the standard opening moves of a match.

Quickly, before she could manoeuvre the melon to a more convenient location, I managed to put the cheese in the fridge and move on to the next item in my carrier bag. This happened to be a bottle of milk, thus easily trumping her carton of teabags.

However, the teabags were a special offer containing 50% extra free, which of course completely invalidated any advantage I had with the milk, leaving her with a penalty move which enabled her to finish putting all her shopping away from her carrier bag whilst I was left with a tin of tomato soup still in mine.

Next week, though, there will be a rematch, and as the loser this time I get first choice of shopping bag, so I think I will make sure I get the one with the digestive biscuits, of course.

No comments: