Google+ A Tangled Rope: The Path to her Heart

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Path to her Heart

clip_image002

I knew the way to her heart. I had walked down similar paths with many other women before I met her. I knew what I would find, which turnings to take and which shortcuts would lead me to that secret heart of her she tried to keep safe from explorers like me.

A long time before, and many women ago, one woman had shown me her secret map. In those long summer afternoons we spent together while her husband sailed the distant seas, Kim would take me by the hand and lead me to her bed. There she showed me all the routes, and the journeys I could take to get to her, or to any woman’s heart.

That summer I learnt those routes off by heart, and when autumn arrived and Kim’s husband came home from the seas with tales of journeys of his own to tell her, I took off on a journey of my own, searching for more of those routes to take me deep into the hearts of women.

I found so many of them, so many women, waiting at the ends of paths and roads never taken. So many women living lonely lives in towers overlooking those roads that no-one every ventured down. So many women waiting for an adventurer, an explorer, like me to take those routes to the door of their hearts, where I only had to knock to get a warm welcome and a hand to take mine and lead me deep inside the secret corridors of their souls.

No comments: