Google+ A Tangled Rope: Social Media and Society

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Social Media and Society

clip_image001

Yesterday, social media darling Cleverly Pointless called for a 24–hour boycott of the social media site TwatFace, claiming that some of the users of the site are not as totally in awe of her genius, good looks and amazing sexual technique as she thinks they should be. Pointless called for the boycott as she claims the people who follow (known as ArseKissers) her messages (known as Ramblings because each one must be a minimum of 2000 words long) on the site have not been as obsequiously fawning over her as much as she feels is her right.

As Pointless Rambled:

[…]Some people just don’t seem to realise just what a modern media genius I am. After all, I have already published several books about me and my wonderful lifestyle and amazing sexual technique, which absolutely everyone should be completely jealous of. Yet, only 2000 of my regular ArseKissers have Repoked my recent Ramblings. I’m beginning to think that none of them deserve to be on the same Internet as me. Therefore, I have no choice but to stop Rambling for 24 hours to make them see the error of their ways.[….]

Asked to comment the creator of TwatFace, Scratch Buggerberk said:

These people just don’t seem to understand that I created TwatFace just to enable us all to fling abuse at random strangers. I first came up with the idea for TwatFace when driving my car and I was cut-up by a knob-end at a roundabout. After all, we all stand at the supermarket checkout or in the Post Office queue muttering under our breath at the idiocies of other customers and the uselessness of the staff. And we all make comments to our friends and families about the dress-sense of random strangers on the street. Also, we all love to shout at the twats on the telly, don’t we? So I created TwatFace to enable people to fling those insults out at the world in general, and all those self-important attention-whores in particular.

However, many social media celebrities such as Cleverly Pointless are taking part in the 24 hour boycott of TwatFace, demanding that there be special exemption from abuse rules for those who regard themselves as somehow above the mere proles. However, they also demand that they - the social media celebrities – must still be free to disparage the hoi-polloi as and when they see column-inches in jumping aboard the latest media-invented moral panic bandwagon.

No comments: