Google+ A Tangled Rope: A Washed Away Life

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Washed Away Life

clip_image001

I took her by the hand and took her away from that life she was leading. I took her from that world she was living in, where all the colours had washed away and faded in the endless rains that fell down on her there.

I took her to a new place. I took her gently by the hand and took her to that valley I had made just for us. I took her to that house that sat there, nestled under the curving hills like a precious jewel in the palm of a cupped hand.

I took her inside that small house I had built for us and showed her how our lives would grow out from there. I took her into the bathroom and threw away her old life with her tired old shabby clothes. I bathed her old life from her skin and then scented her with the sweet living smells of her new life.

I took her to the bedroom and we lay down together as I kissed her new life into being. I kissed from the top of her head, down over each eyelid to the top of her nose and on to her lips. Then I kissed on down her neck and down and down until she knew this new life would take her body to places she’d only ever known before in dreams and in glimpses of what is possible that always hung so tantalisingly beyond her reach.

Then I told her to sleep, letting her old life fade away into grey memory, ready to begin her new life in the morning.

No comments: