Google+ A Tangled Rope: Seeing her again

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Seeing her again

clip_image002

Those were the easy days. I found them there at the bottom of my bag of time. A few days I’d left over from a year I’d created for someone I’d once cared about. I had given us a year together, that was all, because there was some other place that needed my time, and I didn’t have all that much to spare then.

Although, in the end it did turn out that I did have more time than I thought, but still I had to leave her behind when the year ran out. I put those last few days aside, meaning to go back to her, once it was all over. As with many of these things though, the period I left her to go to turned out to last longer, much longer than I’d anticipated - several human lifetimes, in fact.

I’d left her frozen in a moment, her hand reaching out for me as we stood together on her balcony. Human centuries had passed since then, but I knew she would still be there waiting for me, even though the scene beyond her balcony would have changed beyond recognition for her.

I did wonder if it was wise going back to her for those few days we had left and the chaos and confusion the sudden leap through the centuries would bring to her, and what would – inevitably – happen to her when our few days ran out and the centuries caught up with her.

Then I remembered her smile and I knew I had to see her again.

No comments: