Google+ A Tangled Rope: Wednesday Poem: A Water Song

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Poem: A Water Song

BILD0040

Monday Wednesday Poem: A Water Song

I saw your hand make shapes
to catch the falling rain.
I saw your hand as a cup
under the weight of a waterfall.
I saw your hand slice through
icy waters rushing
away from melting snow.

I have seen your hands washing
soapy water across
the landscape of your body.
I have seen your hands
pulling the sea over you
as you swam at midnight
as though you could
make the sea your home.

You could live under water,
you have the grace, the ease,
the elegance, the poise, the delicacy.
You flow like water running,
you run like water flowing,
and swim through your sleeping dreams.
And when the morning comes
I stand on the shore as you dive
deeper into a life I'll never know.

No comments: