Google+ A Tangled Rope: Too Far Out Of Reach

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Too Far Out Of Reach

clip_image002

And even now the sky and seasons fill the days with life and light, while we go on down these roads towards the sea. But I do not know, not any more. I have seen the days come, and the days have gone, not leaving any trace on our lives.

Sometimes, it seems we haunt this world like ghosts, ethereal, un-solid and hardly there at all. Sometimes, it seems I have had dreams far more real than this, I have woken displaced in the night, searching for a way back to that better world that slipped away into the shadows, away from me. I have searched hard for that road that will lead me back to that place I glimpsed for a few moments deep within the deeper depths of my mind.

All that is so far away, though, too far away and out of reach. I have only this world to walk through, but it is just time to fill until I can find my way back to that truer place. The place that comes to life after darkness has fallen and my eyes have turned away from this more mundane reality. Here I am, though, and there is no escape. 

No comments: