Google+ A Tangled Rope: The Travelling Intimate Device Salesperson

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Travelling Intimate Device Salesperson

image

Of course, being the kind of woman she was meant that none of the options presented to her - in my demonstration of all the available options – were entirely suitable. Although, in line with company policy, she was allowed to give each and every piece of equipment a full test, which I must say left me with both backache and a very tired tongue.

She, however, by the end, had a broad smile on her face and I like to think it was not all down to the comedy interlude I introduced halfway through proceedings when her Yorkshire terrier ran off with my trousers, whilst I was still partly inside them.

Such, however, is the life of the travelling Intimate Device salesperson. After all, it could be worse, considering I managed to avoid getting allocated to the offshore division, which mainly sells inflatable intimate companions to the offshore drilling industry and – I’ve heard – emptying the demonstration model, up on the helicopter landing pad, after a sales test-drive by the entire crew, can take several hours, especially in a force nine gale when it is essential to keep a firm grip on the ankles or risk losing the demonstration model on the winds and being forced to buy a new replacement out of your commission.

It also helps to stay upwind as it empties… apparently.

No comments: