Google+ A Tangled Rope: Parallel Universes No. 01

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Parallel Universes No. 01

[Explanatory Note: I have noticed, on various MSM (mainstream media) sites, various odd things reported, which seem to suggest that those in the MSM and I seem to occupy different universes. These Parallel Universes blog posts will be a record of any such occurrences that I come across.]

I begin these occasional Parallel Universes postings with a report I say yesterday in the Telegraph (amongst others), about the decline in Britons eating oranges, because they are apparently too difficult to peel. Now I eat at least one orange a day and it takes – on average – about 10-15 seconds* to peel at the most.

This is – of course – yet another one of those spurious ‘surveys’ which the newspapers tend to use these days instead of news.

*No, I haven’t timed it, even I am not quite that sad. This is a guess.

No comments: