Google+ A Tangled Rope: Days Alone

Friday, May 23, 2008

Days Alone

It was one of those days when everything seems small and unimportant and the hours drift by un-remarked and unremembered. There was no real sense of time passing, of the day moving on. Things happened but slipped from my mind almost immediately.

I seem to recall that the cat came to me, tail up and haughty, perhaps feeling I could almost be worthy of giving her a little fuss. But, I cannot be sure. There is nothing left of that day for me to latch onto and say; "This is what really happened."

Days are like that when you are on your own and alone. They are days where you have no obligations to the clock and no need to be here or there for anyone. There is a joyous freedom to be found when you realise you do not have to depend on the hands of the clock for what you say and do that day.

Like most things, though, there are dangers. It is easy to slip down from where time has no control to the point past which you lose all sense of time passing and no longer care if it does.


No comments: