Google+ A Tangled Rope: This Is Not Me

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

This Is Not Me

This is not the time and this is not the place. I have been here too many times. I need to find something new, some new story to tell myself. I haunt those places of my past; searching for a moment I can return to, and unravel what has gone wrong with my life from that moment on. Something, somewhere, changed, something – sometime - happened to lead me down this road, taking me away from the person I thought I was going to be.



Here I am now living a life - or rather, inhabiting a life - that doesn’t feel like mine. It sounds like a cliché, but I feel like an actor playing a role. Something I stop, having said or done something, and feel that it is not me speaking those words, doing that action, deed or whatever.

This is not me.

No comments: