Google+ A Tangled Rope: A Warm Sunny Beach

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

A Warm Sunny Beach

image

Obviously, giving the choice I would rather be somewhere else too, possibly somewhere involving nothing more taxing than a warm sunny beach, a hammock and a good book, with several dusky maidens waiting nearby, all eager to pander to my merest whim. But, however, we are stuck here so let's just get on with it and make the best of it.

After all, Rome wasn't buttered in a day and you can't make an omelette without engaging in some sort of omelette-making activity... no matter how half-arsed and desultory.

So, anyway....

Hmmm.....

Well, I suppose we could have some of the usual stuff. I'm sure that given the right circumstances and a bit of encouragement, I could come up with something about the penguins. But, If I'm honest, today I don't really feel like exploring the complexities of the various conspiracies that rule the world, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

After all, the world is not supposed to make sense and the various things that humans get up to – especially in the names of religions, politics and other irrationalites – are almost by definition bound to deny any kind of rational analysis and explanation.

So, if you could just give me a hand with this hammock, I'm sure those dusky maidens will be along any time now to lay a cool hand on our fevered brows.

No comments: