Google+ A Tangled Rope: Words

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Words

Give this a shape and a form. Give this a reason for becoming. I have a shape. I hold it in my hands and I expect it to grow from there. Could this be reason enough?

Take this language and use it to make shapes out of the time and the air. Take the invisible and the intangible to give names to the visible and the tangible. We need words to tell us the names of these things we hold in our hands. We need words too, for everything we cannot hold but need a name for.

Only connect. Only connect. I'm beginning to think that is what art is, what it is for. To expand outwards from our own existential existence. To touch something wider, to go further. To broaden outwards by taking in these experiences put forward by others. These are acts of communication and if they tell us something, then they have been successful.

No comments: