Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem: Remembering

Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Poem: Remembering

[Every Monday (until I run out of them), I’m posting a poem of mine that has fallen out from the submission process for some reason. In most cases, it will be one where I’ve received no response to my submission for at well over a year or more. Maybe the magazine I submitted them to has folded, the submission was lost in the post, or whatever. So, these poems can be seen as lost, orphans, of uncertain status, or something like that.]

These poems are also posted to ABCTales.

Remembering

I remember such younger days,
and how beginnings were made to grow
out of what could be found nearby,
left within easy reach of childhood.
and what small clever hands could make
from adult loss and forgetfulness
with imagination still unlimited by the world.

I remember how big it was.
How large our small world became to us,
and how long it took to walk back
through long humid summer-hot evenings.
Returning slow through stilled twilight
with sore scabbing knees and filthy hands,
and a head full of endless possible tomorrows to come.

No comments: