Google+ A Tangled Rope: She was the Dream

Friday, February 14, 2014

She was the Dream

BILD0249

She was like the dream I had where she walked through the edges of my dreams and into my world, leaving that dream world on the pillow and coming into my life.

She was like the day; rising with the dawn to take me by the hand into the new world we built around ourselves. Each day adding another dimension to the world we discovered together, going deeper and further into a world neither of us had ever known before.

She was the song of longing I’d sung to the lonely moon as my nights grew cold around me and I stumbled off to my empty bed to dream that dream of the woman who would come to me one day.

She was the hand that reached out for me across these empty expanses. She was the one who came closer in the dark of the night for me to hold her and whisper the stories she longed to hear: about how she was the one who had come to me and how this world we found ourselves in would grow and spread until we had all we’d ever wanted or needed.

She was the night that came after my day and wrapped us together in those blankets as our summer fell into autumn and the cold winds began to tumble the dying leaves from the trees.

She was the warm in my winter as we sat in front of the fire and she sang the songs of the spring that would come and take us by the hand and lead us into another long loving summer.

 

[Books by David Hadley are available here (UK) or here (US)]

No comments: