Google+ A Tangled Rope: I Have Seen

Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Have Seen

clip_image002

I Have Seen

This Earth, it takes the time that turns
and moves as though the sky takes shape
around its form. We move on through
the air like things so out of place.

We know just how to fall, and tumble
all falling down from such stark heights.

I have been there, outside, I saw
the shapes of clouds, I've seen it all
and found the night so far beyond,
lurking hidden behind the lights.

I talked and then I turned to listen
and still don't know the way to turn.
My hands cannot shape this, unformed
into the real that shapes this world.

I do not touch to feel its weight
or to even understand it all.
I touch to remember, and walk away.

But, how can all this go beyond?
seeming far too solid, too real
to fade away. The world is hard
against us, drawing flowing blood

from careless lives. The stain will dry
a brittle brown before the rain
will come and wash it all away
We leave no trace behind. The world
will carry on about its business,
we neither here, nor there, and here

is everywhere, and everywhere
is nowhere, while we have no place
beyond and no more other time,
and only this, and here, and now.

No comments: