Google+ A Tangled Rope: How to Shape the Sky and Curve the Land

Monday, October 14, 2013

How to Shape the Sky and Curve the Land

clip_image001

It was out at the edges of this world. I was out there, creating some new land, some new world. I was alone, as I always am, out there. Not many people know about the edges of this world. They think it is seamless and complete, that it is -somehow - defined and enclosed by the physical, what we like to call reality.

I do not, of course, speak of heavens or hells, or any such mythological places. We know there are no heavens and there are no hells, except – of course – for those we make for one another, here in this ordinary reality. Those that once created the heavens and hells, of course, they may have glimpsed some idea of what I am referring to. They may once have touched the outer limits of the possible and learnt that it can be shaped. But they had more interest in inventing religions and for the same purposes some have always created religions, so they can to take some control over the lives and thoughts of others.

No, I was out here, learning how to shape the sky and curve the land to meet each other in some new world I wanted for myself. I, by then, had had enough of this world. Enough of this narrow cold world where we bump into one another and against one another all the time, always stunting and closing off the possibilities that even we mere humans can create with just one expansive gesture.

Yes, I was out there alone just creating my own small world and then she came along and changed everything.

No comments: