Google+ A Tangled Rope: Not One of Those Days

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not One of Those Days

It was not one of those days after all, which was odd because I had it down in my diary as being one of my ten official, government-allocated, one of those days. This was going to be a problem as the government had decided to end the chaos, doubt and worry of all us workers having one of those days when we were not ready to cope with it. Thus, they hoped, by having pre-planned days where nothing would go right for us we would be ready and prepared for that day where it all went wrong and not suffer so much from it and lose productive time through it.

After all, how many times have we stayed in bed, hiding under the duvet, refusing to come out because we know that out there, there is one of those days just waiting for us…?

Exactly….

Allocating our one of those days for us was just another way the government tried to make us believe it was on our side, with its pollsters, focus groups and political strategists all saying that taking the uncertainty out of people’s lives was exactly the sort of thing governments ought to be doing.

But, if this, today… was not one of my one of those days, why was I standing in an alley with my hands up as an armed mugger relieved me of all my valuables just after I’d been soaked by a lorry splashing through a massive rain puddle at the side of the road as I walked along looking for a newsagent that had not sold out of my favourite newspaper, all when I was already late for work after my usual commuter train broke down just a few hundred yards from my station?

No comments: