Google+ A Tangled Rope: This Changes Everything

Friday, May 03, 2013

This Changes Everything

image

Afterwards, we just lay there together, side by side. It seemed odd, strange… weird even, that the world was still there; all around us as if nothing had changed. Yet, there we were lying together and everything about us; everything we knew and thought had changed.

I looked at her face and she opened her eyes and looked at me. She smiled, tentatively, as though she was not sure either.

I leant closer to her, kiss her lips. ‘Well,’ I said.

She laughed and snuggled down closer to me. ‘Indeed,’ she said and took my hand in hers.

The rest of the world carried on as if nothing had happened. We, though, would never be the same again.

‘You do realise,’ I said, not taking my eyes from hers. ‘That this changes everything.’

‘Yes.’ She nibbled her bottom lip. ‘But I don’t care.’

‘Well, in that sense, neither do I. I couldn’t be happier. But, well, you know that sooner or later we are going to have to get up, get dressed and go back out there?’

‘I still don’t care,’ she said. ‘All I want I have here with me, now.’ This time she kissed me, pushing me back onto my back as she climbed on top of me. ‘Now, she said. ‘What happens next?’

‘I think you know,’ I said.

She leant forward and kissed me. ‘Yes, I do,’ she said… and she did.

No comments: