Google+ A Tangled Rope: In My Own World

Sunday, October 07, 2012

In My Own World

clip_image001

Once there was a time I grew out of these heavy mists of nowhere to create a world I could live in. It was a place of peace and of quiet. A slow lazy river wove its way through lands of green and the air was alive with bird song.

It was a bright and living world I populated with many different animals and plants. I wanted a living world that grew and changed and where each day was something new for me.

It was my world and I was alone in it, walking through it; watching each new day and the changes it brought with it. I created seasons to see how the world and the living beat of it changed over time.

I had all I needed and I was alone there, with no-one to interrupt my thoughts as I walked, watching the days passing all around me. I thought I would be lonely, but I’ve never been lonely with myself. Crowds made me lonely; by myself I had all the company I needed.

Then, one night, she came to me in my dreams and took me by the hand to a world she had created inside my dreams; taking me down a long winding path to a house she’d built just for us.

The next day, out in my world, walking and watching the changes I realised I wanted her there with me, so I could show her my world as she had shown me hers.

No comments: