Google+ A Tangled Rope: Following the Instructions

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Following the Instructions

clip_image002

Not only that, I couldn’t get the device to work, despite denying my inherent maleness and making an attempt to peruse the instruction manual. However, any attempt to read the manual was cunningly prevented by the expedient of writing it in something almost entirely unlike English as it is known and abused throughout this fair land.

After all: Throughputting the electrician no put hand wet touchy-feely, is – I feel – open to a number of interpretations, some of which could require the aid of my lovely assistant who was, at the time, otherwise engaged in certain practices that are best not divulged on a forum such as this, at least not without insisting all readers don their protective headgear and make sure all under-age penguins are briskly ushered from the room beforehand.

Anyway, once I’d discovered how to plug it in and connect it all up in something approaching what I guessed was the correct manner, I thought about switching it on.

So I did….

Then - in a sudden flash - the universe wasn’t….

We ended up with this… this… whatever it is we exist in now, instead.

So, if you are looking for someone to blame, you must – I feel – blame my lovely assistant for not being there – in the necessary protective headgear – at the time.

After all, you can’t blame me… I was only following the instructions.

No comments: