Google+ A Tangled Rope: Those Watercress Sandwiches

Friday, June 01, 2012

Those Watercress Sandwiches

clip_image002

Well, as you can no doubt imagine, a fair amount of the wainscoting had to be repainted and some of the more elderly of the academic gentlemen needed a fresh hosing down with disinfectant, but still all things considered we got off lightly. I, for one, did not fancy creosoting the entire History Department, even after the recent cutbacks, some of those emeritus professors have some rather tricky recesses, alcoves and cornices, making it very difficult to work the creosote into them, especially with a large brush.

Still, I digress….

Although, the doctor has promised me it will clear up if I take the course of tablets until they run out.

So, moving on….

Or, not.

No, hang on, I remember now. It was that night you and I shared those watercress sandwiches whilst half-watching the ending minutes of some reality programme or other.

No, it doesn’t matter which one, they are all the same…..

No, listen, anyway you said….

No, it was the one where the putative chefs have to dance on ice with a z-list ‘celebrity’ whilst creating a soufflĂ© out of a section of MDF and three rolls of flock wallpaper in order to get a job helping to run a market stall… or at least, from what I saw of the programme, that was what it seemed to involve.

Anyway, as I was saying…..

Bugger.

See, you’ve made me forget now….

Still, the watercress sandwiches were nice.

No comments: