Google+ A Tangled Rope: Free: Poetry Book -This Brief Life of Sparks

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Free: Poetry Book -This Brief Life of Sparks

clip_image002

Available Free for the next few days:

This Brief Life of Sparks

A Collection of 100 poems by David Hadley.

David Hadley's poems have been published in Stand, Eclipse, Envoi, Poetry Nottingham International, Raw Edge and several other magazines in the UK and US. 

Several of his poems have also been cherry-picked by the editors at abctales.com.

Some comments on David Hadley’s poems:

“your lovely poem awoke my own memories”
“An elegant poem”
“wow well done”
“That was beautiful.”
“That captures my ambivalent feelings about morning! Love those last five lines.”
“This is simply gorgeous, poignant and bittersweet. Thank you for this”
“Lovely and delicate, like your dancer.”
“This is a beautiful poem, hadley! I love the two-stansa structure and whole reflective, traquil feel. Well done ;)”
“I like the way you write - sounds a bit strange, lol, but true.”
“very Keats like … much enjoyed.”
“another scorcher!”
“Lovely rhymes and rhythm, quite a warming feeling, good stuff!”
“What a beautiful picture you paint with your words.”
“Wow, this is pure perfection. I absolutely love this poem. You use a whole different dimension here- a unique story told in familiar ways. Each stanza, each line and each word is in perfect harmony. This is what I call craftsmanship. Well done.”
“Absolutely beautiful. I'm awe struck, well done :)”
“I really like the way this evolves… The line: 'Silence speaks like a sullen child.' is great,”
“really enjoyed, beautiful :) Especially the last lines.”
“I found this strangely haunting.”
“absolutely spell-bounding stuff.”
“I liked this, especially the last few lines”
“This is a nice piece of work - well done.”
“Thoughtful and thought provoking.”
“I like this. Can identify with the little things forgotten when waking and lost.”
“an interesting - and thought-provoking -piece.”
“fantastic! Love this line: 'where all the rules are torn / to scatter like coloured confetti '”
“An excellent evocation of the dreamworld.”
“'it's harder than you think to close / the doors of all those memories.' So true...”
“I think this is a beautiful poem…”
“Good one.”
“beautifully poetic, I really like this.”
“"Running the sands of my life / through my opening fingers" lovely lines”
“Brilliant stuff. Loved it.”
“I liked this. There is a good truth in this”
“Eloquent, beautiful.”
“Lovely words.”
“This is stunning, I've read it over and over again and will do many times today.”
“Great. Love the opening lines, turning a cliched image into a new, fresh one. This so mirrors my own reflections on where I am. Fabulous write”
“I love the first two lines. Gripped my attention straight away. A lovely poem. Well done.”
“That's really good.”
“Quite heart-rending.”
“I love the refrain - so song-like and yet sad!”
“I enjoyed this, Hadley. Some nice imagery here.”
“Really poignant.”
“this is a really good read. I love the descriptions, I can almost see her! Well done.”
“Simple words, simple form; complicated things.”
“Enjoyed the complexity behind these thoughts”
“Very touching and nice...”
“That is just such a beautiful image”
“simple, pure, evocative”
“Reading this makes me uncomfortable. That's what makes it interesting!”
“A very well written solid piece of writing here.”
“I really like this poem.”
“This was beautiful in a kind of sombre way”
“Beautiful poem - rich in imagery.”
“Such a beautiful take on the detritus of war, I really like this”
“So rhythmical, lovely and lulling, sounds like a sad lullaby”
“I like this poem, telling of the wind’s character.”
“this is lovely Hadley - really enjoyed it”
“Lovely.”
“This is a nice cosy poem, thinking of Autumn not far away, and longer nights to come. Enjoyed very much.”
“I really liked this poem. You have given it an air of mystery, as this woman looks out on the world she cannot quite trust. Very descriptive and poignant.”
“This is a beautiful poem and yet it is unbearably sad.”
“'And then we fall apart to lie alone'.. Great line. Lovely poem. Nice job.”
“Some brilliant images and beautiful words here”
“what a true day to day picture you paint with this poem, it rings very true.”
“Stunning”

Also available free here.

No comments: