Google+ A Tangled Rope: Slightly Closer to the Camels

Monday, May 21, 2012

Slightly Closer to the Camels

clip_image002

Well, there you have it. So be careful not to dent it, rough handling could cause a myriad of unwanted repercussions, especially if you have the lid off. Still, it has to be said, there are not that many of them about these days, especially when you consider just how much it costs to have them professionally cleaned.

Anyway, that is all I can say about that, so you’d better put it back on the shelf before she comes back in, she wouldn’t want to think that a stranger had been holding it… especially with the lid off like that.

After all, how would you like it?

Still, I suppose it only goes to show….

Or, perhaps it doesn’t. It is hard to tell these days, especially with the price of bananas being what they aren’t.

Anyway, I can’t stand here all day, not after the last time. Although, I do have to admit the arresting officer was quite polite about it, but he did explain that the terms of the retraining order are quite explicit and I was far too close to the penguins and therefore he considered I was – indeed – constituting a threat to their well-being, especially as it was feeding time and the penguins do find cutlery quite traumatic at the best of times. Flippers may be ideal for use underwater, but when it comes to table manners and correct etiquette they can be – at best – rather trying.

So, in the interests of keeping the peace, I agreed with him that maybe it would be better for all concerned if I did move slightly closer to the camels instead.

So I did.

No comments: