Google+ A Tangled Rope: Arrival

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Arrival

clip_image002

Sandra dropped her bag on the bed, opened the window and then flopped onto the bed herself. ‘We are here…. At last.’

‘I don’t dare believe it.’ Ian left the suitcases just inside the door and sat down in the nearest chair. ‘Are we?

Sandra‘s smile was weary. ‘Yes.’

Ian looked around the hotel room. ‘Right….’

Sandra lay back on the bed and kicked off her shoes. ‘Well, then.’

‘Aye.’

Sandra turned her head towards him. ‘What, is that all?’

‘What?’ Ian stared up at the ceiling. ‘What is all what?’

‘Is that all you can say?’

‘Isn't it enough?’

‘But… after al the trouble, all the difficulties we've had getting here.’

‘That's just it.’ Ian sighed. ‘I'm tired.’

‘Tired? How can you say that at a time like this?’

‘Because it’s true, I am tired. I want to go to bed.’

‘But… well, its not even properly dark yet.’

‘That doesn't bother me,’ Ian said, getting to his feet and moving over to the bed. ‘Anyway, I won't notice when my eyes are shut.’

‘Huh. I hope you aren't going to be like that all the time we are here.’

‘No, of course not,’ Ian replied, lying on the bed next to Sandra. ‘I'm just tired from the journey, that's all.’ He shuffled closer to her on the bed and stroked her arm with his fingertip. ‘Anyway, don't you fancy a little lie down together, eh?’’

‘Why are you looking at me like that? What are you doing?’

‘I'm taking your clothes off.’

‘I thought you said you were tired?’ Sandra grinned at him.

‘I am, but there are some things you can do lying down.’

Sandra half sat up so he could pull her top off over her head. ‘Oh, yes. I think this is going to be a good holiday, after all,’ she said, leaning forward to help unfasten Ian’s trousers.

No comments: