Google+ A Tangled Rope: Out of the Blue

Monday, April 09, 2012

Out of the Blue

clip_image002

It was odd. As soon as I came out, I realised how alien it all was. The sky was blue for a start off. I’d never expected something like that. The ground, when I ventured out, past the churned up ground where I’d landed, was covered with green things that seemed to be growing out of it too.

I wondered if they could be intelligent at first but then I noticed these other larger fluffy things were doing what I could only describe as using these other green things for fuel.

There are – admittedly – many different kinds of intelligent being in the universe, but none so far recorded allow themselves to be eaten by larger fluffy things that resemble small fat clouds – on legs.

Yes, legs….

Who would have thought of that?

I did try making contact with one of the ambulatory clouds, but as soon as I got anywhere near them they all moved away, in a herd, then turned and made bleating noises at each other until I moved away.

Legs and bleating noises….

It looked as though I’d arrived on a planet – yet again – with no intelligent life. Legs and noises? After all, nowhere in the known universe is there any kind of intelligent life that has legs or makes bleating noises, let alone both.

I decided to give up and move on. I made my way back up the hill….

Then I saw one!

She was speeding past on a magnificent meandering pathway with some of the sexiest tyres I’d ever seen.

I motored down to the black pathway as fast as I could, but by the time I’d got there she’d gone.

I was just thinking I’d imagined it, when out of the distance another one came along the path, a silver one this time, and this one flashed her headlamps at me! And we hadn’t even been introduced formally to each other.

Suddenly, I decided I liked this world as I flashed back, ready to give chase.

No comments: