Google+ A Tangled Rope: A World Ready

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A World Ready

clip_image002

How was I to shape this world around her?

I had a world ready for someone. I had the sky just the right shade of blue. I had the distant mountains hinting of far travelled places. I had seas and streams, and rivers too. I had hillsides and valleys. I had woods and the open plains. I had animals all around, busy going about their lives.

Still, though, it seemed like an empty world.

Then I remembered her, from another lifetime, from another world a bit like this one. I had not shaped her life for her, not made that world to fit her. She had too many dreams, too much curiosity about what lay beyond the distant hills.

I’d given her a valley to live in, crops and animals to tend, but I had left her alone to live the way she chose. Eventually, though, she chose to leave behind all I had made for her and go to see what lay beyond those distant hills I painted on her horizons.

She made up her mind, one day, to go there and see for herself. She wanted to discover what lay beyond what I’d created just for her….

And what god would allow that?

No comments: