Google+ A Tangled Rope: A Rather Sticky One

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Rather Sticky One

clip_image002

So… this is how it goes. You have the marmite and I have the weasel. Obviously, there will be no need for a diagram. That is, unless your desire to manipulate your propelling pencil across the sheer blank whiteness of the pristine page should prove overwhelming.

I get a bit like that myself with strawberry jam sandwiches, if I’m honest, which I very rarely am, as you will know, quite possibly from the fact that the Marmite you possess, you… er… well… you don’t.

As you well know, you arrived here empty-handed, and if you stopped messing with that for a moment, you would have both hands free, albeit with one rather sticky one.

As for the weasel, I think you’ve probably realised by now, it was all in my mind. However, that would have given it plenty of space to roam wild and free, as you know, or if your mind is anything like mine – the buttercups were rather splendid last year: don’t you think?

Anyway, moving on….

Obviously, if we do end up having to limit ourselves to the literal and the straightforward and to what passes for real in this rather dull corner of the universe, then we won’t need the zebra, after all. Which is all rather a pity as I think the new pyjamas I purchased for her in the post-Christmas sales are rather fetching, if a little over-large, ‘but then that is how it goes when you go to the sales’ as Ernest Hemmingway so tersely put it in his seminal The Old Man and the Absolute Bargain.

No comments: