Google+ A Tangled Rope: She Waited for Me

Friday, November 04, 2011

She Waited for Me

clip_image002

I did not expect it, or demand it, but she came to me. She sat and waited for me with a patience I could not believe at first. I was not used to such acquiescence. Up until then I had thought that other people couldn’t so freely give of themselves like that, without wanting something in return.

At first, I offered her choices and options, but she made it clear to me that she wanted no such things. She would not choose, or decide. She said she would not do anything without me first making the decision for her. She did not want anything to do with the way I offered the options. She was only happy, she said, when I told her, or made some other signal as to, what I really desired. She seemed happy to accept, or... rather... her acceptance made her happy.

At first, I was not sure if I liked it. I did not want her to depend on me, to live her life thought me. I wanted her to be free of me, but she chose the chain, attached it to her own collar and handed the other end to me. She gave me the responsibility of ownership, of being the one who made the decisions and had to live with the consequences, while she sat patiently, waiting for whatever I demanded of her.

No comments: