Google+ A Tangled Rope: Tele-Apathy

Friday, September 09, 2011

Tele-Apathy

image
[One of my all-time favourite books – see link at end]
 
Well, you know, or perhaps you don't. After all, at this time of day my mind-reading powers get a bit hazy... what with all the coffee I've drunk and reading some of your thoughts, especially the ones about the.... well, I don't need to tell you about that, it is your mind after all.


Even if you don't seem to spend that much time actually in there.

All rather untidy, if you don't mind me saying. All those thoughts piled up all over the place, especially the ones about the... well, you know, left where anyone strolling into you mind could see it.

Usually, people tend to keep thoughts like that somewhere down the back, out of the way, not brazenly out in the front like that.

Not that there is anything wrong with a bit of untidiness here and there. I mean, you go into some minds and they are suspiciously neat, y'know? Too neat. All the thoughts catalogued and filed away, all in their own special little places. A bit like walking into a show home, or a look through one of those house-interior magazines where they are all so neat and tidy you can't help think there is someone hiding in the next room cackling manically and whispering secrets and love songs to their favourite stabbing knife....

Anyway, where was I?

Ah, yes, those thoughts. Do me a favour before the next time you come here and put those thoughts somewhere out of the way... if only just for me.

I don't think I'll ever be able think about pickled herrings and a badminton racquet in the same way ever again.


No comments: