Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem: Flight Over Open Seas

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Poem: Flight Over Open Seas

image

Flight Over Open Seas

I will go down to the sea shore
and I shall invent the possibility
of flight taken over open seas.

I will take flight and soar
out towards the open skies
that are always blue and forever.

I will see all those seas spread out
and all those distant lands below me
where you search through your dreams

To find a country that feels like home
and where everyone you meet knows
your name and why you live as you do,

Floating through a slow life that pulses
with the heartbeat of some loving thing
you know is waiting in some far-off land.

 

1 comment:

Zen Moments said...

My Gatha on 'Flight Over Open Seas'

White dots in the sky
Sand soft and moist
Sea deep light dark blue
Flapping wings in east
Soaring high to the west
Fish jump, oysters sit
A pearl is born.