Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem: To Escape Again

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Poem: To Escape Again

image

To Escape Again

I tried forgetting, but that never really works.
I tried walking away, but still have shoulders
To look back over and the distance always
Makes these things seem more attractive
And pulls, like gravity, like a magnet.
Like leaving a lover alone in a warm bed
When the morning comes to take me back
To my own life, and I know that looking back
Will only make me remember far too much
And all I came here to try to escape, again
Only to fall too easily into the arms
Of someone whose eyes held the promise
Of shelter and safety from the cold world
That now I feel the need to return to.
Leaving behind all this new promise
And a hope that now I can be different
From that person I ran here away from.

No comments: