Google+ A Tangled Rope: Nature Watching

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nature Watching

clip_image002

Sometimes it seems like the reindeer may have been lying, but you do expect a certain amount of mendaciousness from such dubious-looking creatures. I mean, all that antler business… who do they think they are fooling with that?

Not me, I can tell you.

No, give me a water vole any day of the week. You know where you are with them, and it is not just a matter of sizes either. Even though it does seem that elephants are a bit too showy with those trunks of theirs, you always seem to get a certain feeling of integrity with them…. Of course, it may be all some kind of cunning ploy and the next time you are down at the watering hole at sundown, an elephant may try to sell you life insurance, but somehow, that just doesn’t seem all that likely.

Not to me anyway.

We are all, I think, by now, rightly suspicious of those bloody penguins, trying to beguile us all with the evening dress and the cute, waddling thing. However, I think it is safe to say that now we are on to them and their plans for world domination through the medium of chocolate-covered biscuits… and that rather cunning sideways move into chocolate cake bars.

Just keep a close eye on those penguins… that’s what I say.

No comments: