Google+ A Tangled Rope: The Traffic Lights of Doom

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Traffic Lights of Doom

clip_image002

Now how do I go from here down towards the ring-road of all we hold most dear, without falling foul of the Traffic Lights of Doom? I have pondered the Keep Left signs of all our dreams and tarried long by the Humped-Back Bridges of all that we fear, while the Double Bends haunt our very nightmares.

I have marvelled at your thighs when you’ve changed gear when approaching a sharp bend, and I have wished so hard to be the indicator stalk that your long gentle fingers caress as though you are holding the steering wheel of your lover. I wish I was the clutch pedal of all your desires and how my heart accelerates when you put your foot down.

You could drive me to the end of the motorway of desire and take me down the slip roads of our forbidden love, down all the by-passes of your deepest needs and round the ring road of your wishes, and out onto the quiet country roads of all you’ve ever wanted or desired. Then I would take you in my arms and hold you long into the night as we sat together parked in the car park of all our dreams come true.

No comments: