Google+ A Tangled Rope: A Dead Gerbil

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Dead Gerbil

clip_image002

So what will become of our spectacular arrangement of steak and kidney pies once the 2012 Olympic Games is over and we have nothing to show for it but a plethora of branded ‘souvenir’ items for which there is no really discernable use?

Shall we like the accountants of the times of legend and auditing mount our trusty (and tax-deductible) steed and just ride off into the sunset in search of the next lonesome audit?

Or, shall we take a stand against pointless frippery and say this I the last time that something allegedly ‘tasteful’ yet manifestly awful will ever be inflicted upon those who suffer such a wide disparity between their financial status and their sense?

I don’t know, I don’t know anything, so there is no point asking me. I used to think I knew things, but then Reality TV is still being produced, politicians still get elected, the religions still go about contradicting the real, the obvious and the true, so what do I know?

You’d be better off looking for advice, understating, wit and wisdom from a dead gerbil. At least, with a dead gerbil, rather than a once over-opinionated blog-wrangler who it now seems has nothing left to say, but still insists on saying it, there is some deeply-profound satisfaction to be gained from poking it with a stick.

No comments: