Google+ A Tangled Rope: Waiting At The Crossroads

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Waiting At The Crossroads

Anyway, it seems now I do not know which way to go. There are advantages and disadvantages with both roads I can see, as I stand here at the crossroads.


The one that leads off into the town has the possibility of contact with others in the small town on the horizon, if I can get there, there is a chance of finding a comfortable home with neighbours who I can – at least – get along with. There are small streets leading to other parts of the town I can walk along and get to know the neighbourhood quite well. It is a small town though, where I can only glimpser what lies beyond only in the gaps between the houses.


The other road though leads off into the forest of unknown. I have no idea what will be waiting there for me. Maybe, I think, that is a path for a younger man. Maybe if I was younger I could set off down that path knowing I have very little to lose, knowing I could still have the strength and the time to turn back.


However, I still do not know which path to take, which would be the best for me. So I stand here at the crossroads… waiting.

No comments: