Google+ A Tangled Rope: The Yellow Bits

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Yellow Bits


Sometimes it gets like this and you wonder if the ferret can take it. But the yellow bits are turning blue, Ethel, so what will become of the elastic? We had such dreams for it. We thought that one day, one day..., perhaps not for a long time.... But, one day the world would recognise the power of our pork pies.

Don't do that Doreen, the helicopter is not built for it. Doreen..., Doreen? Doreen, put that young man down, we may need him.

Down here you can feel the rain falling, always falling down. This world gets so bloody tedious, sometimes, in its predictability. Where is the mystery, where did it go?

Let's play hopscotch out in the minefield, let us throw rainbows at the television and laugh at those who would wear unusual trousers. Such a dull, dull world.

Who turned the light off?

Once I knew the shape of it. I knew it far too well, even the strange sticky bit near the Northern end. I can see it now in my mind's eye. All the jelly babies in the universe could not take arms against me and wrench it from my grasp.

No comments: