Google+ A Tangled Rope: Never Mind

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Never Mind

clip_image002


Don’t think about it, that is the one way to make sure that it never happens, at least until it is too late. It is always the case that the ideal retort comes long after the argument is over and it is about as much use to you as a pair of flippers in a desert.

Still, though, as they say…. Well, I presume they – whoever they are – do say something rather apt at this point, the thing is, though, right at this moment I can’t quite put my finger on it, as the actress said to the bishop. Although, that one seems to be a trifle inaccurate as it seems that actresses are not usually the preferred illicit partners of members of the clergy at all. Although, back in the early days of theatre, the roles of women used to be taken by young boys, so maybe that is where the origin of the phrase lies.

Anyway, where was I?

Oh, it seems I wasn’t actually quite anywhere really.

Never mind, I’m sure there will be something more interesting to say some other day, that is – of course, if I can find some good way of expressing that particular thought on that particular day that is.

Otherwise, we could end up with some inconsequential waffle that ends up not really saying very much… er… a bit like this one today, actually.

Oh….

2 comments:

HeartAttackSurvivor said...

"It is always the case that the ideal retort comes long after the argument is over and it is about as much use to you as a pair of flippers in a desert."

The French - as ever - have >le mot juste< for this: "l'espirit de l'escalier", literally "I was on the stairs leaving the flat in high dudgeon when the perfect riposte came to me".

David Hadley said...

HeartAttackSurvivor: Nice idea, lovely concept.