Google+ A Tangled Rope: What Religion Ought To Be

Thursday, August 13, 2009

What Religion Ought To Be

(for @oleuanna)
clip_image001
[Nude in the Sunlight - Pierre Auguste Renoir]

I saw you naked on a Sunday morning standing alone in a green field. I knew then what religion ought to be and why I should fall to my knees there on the grass in front of you. All I know is all I know and I understand so little, except the way to touch you and the feeling of the warmth of skin.

The miracle of the heartbeat should be enough for anyone to understand this world and everything living thing upon it. We don’t need to worship anything of our own creation or imagining when there is world enough within reach of any outreaching hand that yearns to feel the warmth of this world and the fresh breath of the breeze upon their naked skin. 

No comments: