Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem: One Such Morning

Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Poem: One Such Morning

[Every Monday (until I run out of them), I’m posting a poem of mine that has fallen out from the submission process for some reason. In most cases, it will be one where I’ve received no response to my submission for at well over a year or more. Maybe the magazine I submitted them to has folded, the submission was lost in the post, or whatever. So, these poems can be seen as lost, orphans, of uncertain status, or something like that.]

These poems are also posted to ABCTales.


One Such Morning


A misty early morning, barefoot run

in dewy grass. You in a floating dress

so thin, I can almost see right through it.


And your night tumbled hair and summer smile

with fading memories of falling rain

still fresh in your so eager morning eyes.


One such morning in any single life

should be more than enough for anyone.



No comments: