Google+ A Tangled Rope: This Writing Life

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This Writing Life

Kit Reed on why we writers have no time to get around to doing any actual writing these days:



The Internet does not necessarily make us dumber, but it does split concentration. Can I really write as well as I did before I started checking Facebook friends' updates or Googling or skimming blogs instead of staring out the window when I get stuck? It's too soon to tell. I just can't blog about it. I have a novel to write.



There is some truth in it I think. I’ve just spent a few days setting up a Facebook page, a Myspace page and a Live space page, none of which I’m entirely happy with yet. So I will have to spend more time on getting them working correctly and keeping them going, instead of doing any real worthwhile writing.

No comments: