Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem: Star

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Poem: Star

[Every Monday (until I run out of them), I’m posting a poem of mine that has fallen out from the submission process for some reason. In most cases, it will be one where I’ve received no response to my submission for at well over a year or more. Maybe the magazine I submitted them to has folded, the submission was lost in the post, or whatever. So, these poems can be seen as lost, orphans, of uncertain status, or something like that.]

These poems are also posted to ABCTales.

Star

There are times when it is all
just an idea in the night,
hanging, like a solitary star.

Pick out each of those moments
taking each one down
out of the skies of time
to polish it, then to hang
it back up as a star.

If I knew how, it would be easy
to hold it all in my hand,
to find a place in the sky
I could point towards,
take my star, and hang it there.


No comments: