Google+ A Tangled Rope: Monday Poem (On a Tuesday): Cold

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Monday Poem (On a Tuesday): Cold

[Every Monday (until I run out of them), I’m posting a poem of mine that has fallen out from the submission process for some reason. In most cases, it will be one where I’ve received no response to my submission for at well over a year or more. Maybe the magazine I submitted them to has folded, the submission was lost in the post, or whatever. So, these poems can be seen as lost, orphans, of uncertain status, or something like that.]

These poems are also posted to ABCTales.

Cold

There are no embers now.
Only dusty ash lying still,
cold as the silent night.

There is no fire left for us.
We sit, each alone here
wrapped inside the blankets

of our own solitary thoughts.
We breathe cold sadness over
the frosty ground between us.


No comments: