Google+ A Tangled Rope: New Post Label

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Post Label

A new label for blog postings may not seem a bit enough deal for a posting of its own, but I think I may have come up with something new (for here anyway), which may increase the rate of new posts appearing here.

In various folders on this computer, and in various files on my shelves, I have quite a lot of what I am going to label here as Fragments. These are also going to be labelled as Fragment-Poetry and Fragment-Prose – which will be further divided into Fragment-Fiction and Fragment-Non-Fiction.

They are, as the label indicates, various unfinished pieces of poetry, fiction and non-fiction that have not – as yet – grown beyond a paragraph, stanza, idea or two. Consequently, as they are Fragments, I make no claim for them to be anything other than what they are, nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, I do want to continue with the blessays (blog essays) idea I stole from Stephen Fry, and what you might call fuller-length blog postings, but - by their very nature - such longer pieces will be less frequent than these shorter pieces.

It is possible that I will return to some of these fragments and expand them out into full poems, stories, essays or whathaveyou in the future. If I do, I will try to link back to the original fragment wherever possible.

I don’t know when the first of these Fragments will appear, as I said there are a lot of them, probably numbering in the hundreds. So it will take some time to sort them out, but I hope to publish some here as I go along.


No comments: