Google+ A Tangled Rope: Picking Cherries

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Picking Cherries

As well as posting them here, I am also putting up these Monday Poems up at ABCTales. This morning I received an email saying that yesterday’s Monday Poem A Slight Delay has been ‘Cherry Picked’*.

This makes the 8th ‘Cherry Pick’ I’ve had at this site – a site which I have to say is excellent, and I don’t say that because they like some of my stuff, it is just a very good place - and being cherry picked like this does make me feel unusually proud of myself.

*From the ABCTales FAQ: A cherry-pick, represented by a lovely bunch of cherries, is given by the editors of ABCtales to recognise pieces of writing that they really think that other people should read. This is not a scientific process, but does genuinely represent both an encouragement to writers and also a guide to the most interesting or noteworthy writing on ABCtales. If you do get a cherry, your piece is added to the list of cherry-picked pieces and you'll receive an email of congratulation.

No comments: